I do love music and after having done this for a couple of years where I create a list that highlights some of my favorites from the year I am excited to just post it on the Share blog! The more I listen, the more I become convinced that music is really at a height of creativity. I know folks may feel differently, but the "fat tail" of listening services have absolutely broadened the field. When I think about being a teenager, having to buy CD's with my birthday money and taking a chance on what I was bringing home -- all I will say is --- we have come a far way. I love to explore, if you have suggestions, I am interested!
Here it is --- Inside 2024 Playlist
1) Goose -- This band.... I am not sure what to say, I believe they are secretly The Wyld Stallyns and are going to save the world :) If you are looking for jams, this band provides. We had the pleasure of seeing them in concert this year - they played both sets and I am pretty sure I witnessed history. I can not say enough. I know jam bands are not everyone's thing, but if you are even remotely open, I would encourage a listen. They have a lot of their concerts out there too for listening, and they get fun after you have listened to the studio stuff.
2) Charley Crockett - I do not listen to country music. That should tell you a lot. I think I have listened to every album this dude has made and have enjoyed almost all of it. There is an underlying blues thread, so even if you do not like country he has appeal. The lyrics are real and honest, and maybe a little ol' fashion in some cases. He has definitely occupied a high place in my listening rotation.
3 & 4) Cassia & Hazel English - I have "beach" playlist with everyone one of these two artists songs. If you want it, let me know.
5) The Song "Friday" --- why does nobody know this song? This was our #1 kitchen dance party song of 2024!
6) Middle Kids - This album was somewhat captivating for me this past year. I enjoyed the journey, hope you do to
7) Forrest Frank -- In another instance of "I don't listen to Christian Music, because it stinks..." I was encouraged by a young man in Mission Youth to give Forrest Frank a try - what can I say, I was wrong, I like Christian music ;) This generation rocks -- I think I also saw that he will be at Seek in UT (don't quote me, that is from memory.) I will probably play a few of his tunes played during the father daughter dance in 2025 too!
8) Cactus Blossoms - brothers! Happy sort of country duo. They have a song Stop Light Kisses that makes me smile every time.
9) Aaron Frazer - looks like our Hispanic brothers and sisters are bringing back the oldies. I had highlighted a song a couple of years ago, but Aaron went single, and he sounds great. This whole album is fantastic.
10) Watchhouse - this one will sink into your soul. Sort of folksy, and will stay with you a while. Lyrics are worth listening too as well.
If you have trouble getting into Spotify and need the list in a different way, let me know and I will try and find on youtube.

No comments:
Post a Comment