Thank you again to all the families that allow this day to happen! It really is an island for me during an insane time of year. Co-op was canceled this year, we have new puppies, so it was a day that was a little disjointed, therefore some of these movies were spread out over the week. Here is what I was watching:
1) Abigail --- probably not for anyone who is reading this. I do like horror with a little comedy, but even still there were some parts that I fast forwarded through.
2) Big Night -- my food movie of the day. Suggested by one of the mom's from co-op - and I did love this film -- thank you! Food movies have a way of creeping into your heart and soul and sitting with you, this delights. I also loved the quiet moment at the end of this film. Not really for kids, parts that were adult, but again worth a date night.
3) My Blind Brother - My romance movie of the day, but it was more of a character study. I like character studies and I also like the actress Zoe Kazan. Again, probably not for anyone reading this blog and some adult parts that may make unwatchable for many. However, all 3 of the main characters were worth pondering and hence worth watching.
4) Spiderman Across the Spider-verse - Ahhhh what can I say I this was my favorite movie of the day, just ahead of Big Night. I love Mile's parents, they are the best. It is so refreshing to watch a movie with great parents, flawed characters that are all trying to be better, and teenage angst The animation was not for everyone, but I loved it, it caught the feel of a comic book so well. Complaints from the family were that it moved too fast, was too flashy, and was a "to be continued...." I loved the music too:) My hero ;)
5) Plane -- my guy movie. Did I tell you I love Gerard Butler ;) Looking for a classic good-guy action movie -- Gerard Butler usually delivers. Recommended for Dad's and Son's! Violent and awesome.
6) Irena's Vow - This was recommended by someone in co-op and I decided to watch too. This was my Catholic / historical movie, and was extremely well done. We watched with the kids, there was a scene or two that needed fast forwarding and explanation, but worth it. We could not find as a DVD, so had to buy on Prime. If anyone wants a viewing, let me know, happy to show this to a wider audience.
7) Am I a Racist -- I did not see the in the theatre, so saved for today. So cringey awesome
The best MLK days are one's where the fire place is one and it is so cold you don't want to go outside. Mission accomplished this was a fantastic day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment