Sunday, May 3, 2026

Movies Added to the Library: I Confess, Winchester '73, Marty, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Patton, Inglorious Bastards

 As many of you know we have a big event coming up end of May.  I have also had a stack of movies building up in need of logging into the library.  You can find the library here.  

All the movies recently added are worth watching.  I quick note on the latest addition:

- Both I Confess and Fantastic Mr. Fox are on the list of 100 Movies Every Catholic Should See.  If you have never seen a Hitchcock film, this is a good place to start.  Thoughtful, demanding and historically amazing when it comes to filming.  I would also add that it respects the faith is strangely a powerful witness to the sacrament of confession.  Fantastic Mr. Fox is also somewhat demanding, do not let the stop-animation throw you off, this is a funny / stylistic Wes Anderson movie, but one that has clear messaging on what it means to be a spouse and our duties to each other and family, worth watching.



-  Winchester '73 is another Anthony Mann western with Jimmy Stewart cast in the main role.  The Man from Laramie was also highlighted recently as another Mann film -- both worth watching.  If you are looking for films with clear messaging of right, wrong, and duty look no further.

- Patton:  I am in awe every time I see this movie.  I can watch over and over again - is General Patton crazy?  mad?  or a genius? You decide.  Great movie to share with your family too, especially since you get a sense of the hell of war is, with out it being graphic.

-  Inglorious Bastards:  You get a sense of the hell war is and is graphic.  For Dads if they want to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment