Saturday, November 25, 2023

Christmas Movies

 Advent is fast approaching -- and I just wanted to point out a few highlights in the Christmas collection:

I have highlighted the list in red and green for an easier find!

Animated:

1)  You will find "Christmas Specials Collection"  on the list --- and includes the Burl Ives in "Rudolph" and "Frosty" with Jimmy Durante.   

2)  Something different -- "The Snowman" --- if you have ever heard the song "Walking in the Air" and enjoyed it, then you might like this animated special.  It is a quiet short film, but I have always found it beautiful and look forward to watching each year.  If you have a movie night where you can attach a second special to the end, consider adding to your list.


3) "Charlie Brown: Peanuts Holiday Collection" -- Christmas is not complete without it!


Classics:

1)  "It's a Wonderful Life:"  This is classic Capra -- I know folks may struggle with this movie, it can be a hard movie to watch, but for this reason it is one of the reasons I find it so rewarding.  Yes, I am in the financial world and can literally feel the sweat on Jimmy Stewarts brow when he discovers the money is lost.   But then again I have literally met Clarences' in my world who have helped course correct when I have needed it.  The message will not be lost on your family.

2)  "White Christmas"  -- we have two copies -- rent one!  You can not go wrong.  This is Pop-pop's favorite movie and a great introduction to song and dance.

3)  "Eloise at Christmas time"  -- Don't knock it until you watch it.  Alright I have a weak spot for movies like this one....  Boys even like this one ;)


Always willing to add to the collection -- let us know if there are any you would like to see in the library!  And if there are any you would like to share from you collection -- let me know, I can keep'em here with your name on them -- or you can let me know you have them and I will add the spreadsheet for borrowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment