Saturday, January 27, 2024

Each Mortal Thing - Matt Kinsch

It is a whisper of the heart to write a book. I believe that Matt deserves high praise, first and foremost, for letting us into his heart. Second, this book is desperately needed and I can not thank him enough for writing it.  Third, where the writing did drift a bit toward the end (either due to too much editing or too little,) its character development was strong and the writing was well-done, even immersive.


Young adults and adults welcome. This book is a novel and I would put in the realm of sci-fi/fantasy.  What may be most appealing to readers is to know it's written distinctly from a Catholic perspective, which is why this book is needed and welcome. Secular religion is pervasive in our culture's art, what if it does not have to be? What if Catholic authors wrote books that were entertaining, well-written, and appealed to a wide-ranging audience? With that said -- read it. Buy it! Borrow it from the library or encourage your young adult to check it out. I would like to see Matt write more books.




No comments:

Post a Comment