Saturday, June 8, 2024

New Movie added to the library -- "Arrival"

 The whole family watched this one.  This is a slow paced sci-fi movie, and I would say this movie is distinctly pro-life.  Use your judgement with younger children, there is some language and maybe a few scenes that might be a little tense, but overall very watchable.  I think if your kids are watching Marvel, they can watch this movie.




The image you see above is within the alien space ship that has visited earth.  The strange circle on the glass is the alien language that the main characters have to learn to understand in order to help the aliens in the future.  The movie is purposely disjointed because time is understood differently with the alien race and a central part of the move.  Overall a beautiful told story.  There are themes that run through this movie such as the harmful nature of our media, and the impact of a "universal language" which could be viewed in biblical terms.  Overall I think there is a lot to think about in this movie, but can also be viewed from a surface level.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment