Not a beach read even though there is a beach scene on the cover. More of a metaphysical journey. I am not sure I have read anything that encapsulated the emotional decision behind an abortion decision better than this book. We make promises to ourselves on how we are going to act and behave, we have an idealistic view of how things will be and the standards that we will keep, and everything goes to pot. If we are trying to understand the individual person, who it is that stands next to us, this is a wonderful book to read. I know this book goes deeper than the study of human action, but it is what drew me to read Peter's only piece of fiction. Also, I doubt you will find this book in your local library and is expensive, so feel free to borrow, it it is one of the reasons I added it.
No comments:
Post a Comment