Thursday, October 23, 2025

"The Medium is the Message"

I used to subscribe to Netflix DVD's through the mail - yes they had that.  Someone once told me that they were down to 100k subscribers when they stopped the service (not sure if that is true or not,) but the reality is that I had become a typewriter, now stored on a shelf in a far away office closet whose incandescent light blew out years ago and nobody even knows or cares.  If folks can get stuff at their finger tips - they will, especially over the choice of waiting for something in the mail which could take countless days!  On demand is so easy that to many it is worth watching a few commercials to gain access, but I keep remembering that phrase, "the medium is the message."  



Today it looks like the lightbulb in that closet has been replaced, it might be an LED, but those dark corners are beginning to get light again, especially when I read articles like this from Refine.  I too would like a place for folks to come and not let the medium control them.  Worried that your kids are going to see something online that they shouldn't?  You should be, it will happen.  If you have a Blu-ray or DVD player, then borrow a movie for family movie night.  Not sure what to watch?  Read through the blog and get some ideas.  Want me to hand it to you?  Just let me know with a text, email or let Jamie know.  Do you want something in the library that it does not look like we have -- you got it, if I can find it, I will work on getting it.  I appreciate the recommendations both on the movie and the book side.  Thanks for "sharing" with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment