1) "Strong Towns" by Charles Marohn was my surprise book of 2025. I am not always challenged to see the problems of the world differently, but this book was was eye opening. If I can be so bold as to encourage it's reading to those townie's in our co-op I think you might find helpful.
2) "The Sunlit Man" by Brandon Sanderson -- this was one of four secret novels written during the covid year. Got a year where you were locked in your house? Why not write four fun books for your family! This was also the largest funded Kickstarter campaign ever at the time. I did support the campaign and have all four books for those that are interested. The novels are beach reading and not his best writing, but they are fun. The Sunlit Man is in his Cosmere universe so it may not make sense unless you have read some of his other major works.
3) "Doomed Bourgeois in Love" by Various Authors, one of which is Mark Henrie. Mark has introduced me to Walt Stillman's films and I have fallen in love. The movies are not for kids, but those looking for sharp writing from a perspective that will make you think then Stillman should be on your list. I do not have this book in the library -- you will have to ask Mr. or Mrs. Henrie for it, but if you have watched one of the films featured in this series of essays you may want to borrow this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment