All of these movies are in DVD format, except for Shane (Blu-Ray.)
It was time to add classics to the collection, this time of year makes you want to just curl up on the couch with a hot drink and relax. I hope you can enjoy a Sunday afternoon matinee with the family with one of these great movies.
"The Man from Laramie" is one of three westerns directed by Anthony Mann and staring Jimmy Stewart. I know there are other westerns with Jimmy in them that are also worth adding, but the Mann series does have a special place in our household. I expect to be adding the others eventually. They are stand alone movies, so do not hesitate to watch without having seen the others.
"Going My Way" is on the same disc as "Holiday Inn." "Going My Way" is also on the list of a 100 Movies Every Catholic Should See. Most will watch this movie for Bing Crosby, but heads up Barry Fitzgerald is one of the best and adds massive personality to any the movie he graces -- you may know him from "The Quiet Man."
"Shane" and "Top Hat" are best in class for westerns and musicals respectively. It does not get better and both are Sunday afternoon worthy.
"Incredibles I & II" - you will notice that this movie is also highlighted in the spreadsheet as being in the list of "100 Movies Every Catholic Should See" -- one more added from the list and John Lasseter at his best!
No comments:
Post a Comment